Volunteering program in Galápagos
San Cristóbal Island, sector Cerro Gato.
Organic farm and tourism, upper zone (miconia forest, fern trees and other varieties) waterfalls.
- Make eradication activitiesand control of invasive speciesby ecological practices using the soil.
- Management of water springs and micro hydrographic water springs.
- Technical support for farm owners in order to improve their income and life quality.
- Exchange of customs as mutual cultural contribution between the volunteers and the inhabitants of the agricultural sector of San Cristóbal Galápagos.
- Teaching and learning of the languages.
- Knowledge by volunteers on managementof resources and protected areas of Galápagos.
- Sustainable development with communities, especially with the neighbors of the Cerro Gato sector, through alternative activities related to energy production and organic food.
- Perform farm management based on guidelines and criteria of ecological easements (with the intervention of government companies such as the Galápagos National Park which is the entity responsible of the management and conservation of the Islands).