GAIA Lodge Amazon rainforest. Classes of Spanish and Kichwa
Our designed Spanish programs in combination with nature, cultural and adventure activities in the Amazonia all oriented to offer you the best wildlife, wilderness and cultural exposure in a wonderful and comfortable location.
The center is located in the Amazon rainforest, between the Rio Napo and the route to Campana Cocha, 3.5 km east of the Ahuano town, in the Napo province.
Our residential facilities overlook the Rio Napo, and are surrounded by a forest of cocoa trees. Our privileged view of the forest, the river and the mountains, gives our visitors ample opportunity to admire and enjoy the rainforest.
How to arrive
The trip goes from Quito to Tena and then to the Punta del Ahuano (30 min from Tena) From there we pick up our passengers and by car or canoe on the Napo river (20 min) we arrive at the lodge.
Accommodation and facilities
Our center was built according to eco-friendly practices and materials, all with the oriented to get green certifications. Although we are committed to maintain a property built on these principles. We are equipped with facilities and services necessary for our students to stay comfortable for prolonged period observation and/or study periods, of observation and/or study.
We offer a variety of comfortable cabins ranging from single to shared rooms with lighting and private bathrooms with hot water. Social areas include a dining room, reading lounge and relaxation areas with hammocks.
Relax and enjoy our organized excursions!
You will take advantage of all the expertise of indigenous naturalist guides.
You can be sure they will share their passion for the Amazon with you!
USD 590 for 8 days, 7 nights (Sunday to Sunday)
USD 560 for 7 days, 6 nights (Sunday to Saturday)
USD 530 for 6 days, 5 nights
- 18 Spanish group lessons (In case we don´t reach our minimum number of students per class in your ability group, your lessons will be replaced with 12 academic hours of private lessons per week)
- 5 activities
- Accommodation in shared cabins (two to four students, same gender), each cabin with private bathroom (Additional cost for private room for $ 75 USD per week)
- Sheets, towels and blankets
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner (vegetarian menu available) (Dinner on the first day and breakfast on the last day)
- Free purified water, tea, coffee
- Lots of learning, fun and adventure!
Does not includes
- Transfer from Quito to Punta del Ahuano (roundtrip)
- Additional beverages, alcoholic drink, tips
- Anything not specified in this program
Packing list and useful information
The tropical forest is warm, humid and rainy! Thus, comfortable clothes which dry quickly are essential and highly recommended.
- Insect repellent
- Sun protection (sun cream / sunglasses / hat or cap)
- Water bottle
- Lightweight clothes: long pants (avoid jeans) and long sleeved shirts
- Shorts, short sleeved shirts and bathing suit
- Comfortable shoes and sandals
- Plastic bags to protect cameras, binoculars, film, etc… from rain